Thursday 9 January 2014

Being

Why its so important to say YES to life!




DAY 9


I can see clearly now

How important it is

To say Yes to life,

And to life's magic.

Moment by moment

Out breath follows in breath

In breath follows out.

No effort, no struggle

Just Being

Me.

Musings

What a day yesterday was.  I took myself off to see 'About Time' - the Richard Curtis film with Bill Nighy and Rachel Macadam, after realising I need some down time. It was the best decision in a long while, not only was it a wonderful tonic, but a film with a message just for me, and thousands upon thousands of people like me around the world.

Saying yes to life, means you listen to its promptings. Rather than letting your mind drift into the future, or the past come to that matter, you pay attention to what's going on around you, and how you are feeling in the moment. Then you take positive action.  An action which honours the way you are feeling. And then the 'Universe' or Source energy will open doors for you.

Guess what the film was about?  Living in the moment, and letting go of the past. Well of course,.I wept buckets and did some letting go of my own. I felt as if I really had been lead to watch it, and was so glad that I listened to my promptings.

As mediums, our work is all about helping people to let go of the past by providing evidence of our loved ones survival on the other side of life.  I believe message giving is really healing enabling people to release their grief and live in the moment.  It doesn't mean that our loved ones guides and helpers aren't still there supporting us; far from it, it does give us hope and inspiration to move forward. Knowing there's an after-life helps put some of the magic back into our lives. 

Without giving too much away, there's a moment in the film when the leading man realises he has to stop dwelling on the past to live in the present.  He also realises just how much of the present he's been missing by living his life on automatic pilot, especially as far as his children as concerned.

So today I am going to make every effort to live today moment by moment, to listen to the promptings and whispers that are life....and when we listen to life, we are open to its magic......AND THAT'S WHEN WE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS.

If you have an experience of your own that you would like to share about being open to life's magic please post your comment here, or under this FB post.

Have a magical day everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this timely reminder about this wonderful film. I loved it, too and its poignancy and wisdom marked my being with a "start but stay here" sense. Your prose and poetry always have such timelessness woven throughout..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for telling us about this film. I shall try and see it if it about. I always like Richard Curtis. And thank you for the lovely thought for the day.

    Here's mine.

    The resilience of nature.
    After days of wind and rain,
    The pansies are still blooming,
    Blue, white and yellow.
    Petals no longer blown about,
    But laid back now,
    Opening their faces
    To the wintry sun.

    ReplyDelete